As the modern procurement division advances to become a part of the whole organisation innovation process, so does the expectations around supply chain and procurement professionals’ performance.
Having a deep understanding of the challenges facing executives who are ascending the procurement ladder is the first step to find strategies and inspiration to overcome them.
Research completed ahead of the Women in Procurement 2016 conference, with Purchasing and Supply Chain Managers from across a variety of sectors, has identified 7 main challenges the modern supply chain and procurement professional must break through in order to achieve the department expected results. Here is a list:
- Aligning procurement’s vision with the organisation’s strategy and communicating its value to the entire company
- Understanding how technology and processes support supplier relationships and how to lift enterprise innovation
- Identifying how to deliver more value to your organisation through strategic procurement
- Developing a winning strategy by creating a value oriented procurement department
- Inspiring leadership and building meaningful capabilities and skills for your team
- Developing the competencies to do business with international partners in challenging cultures
- Retaining your best talents
If some, or all of these challenges are keeping you up at night, then you are not alone.Purchasing and Supply Chain Managers managers across the country are looking for solutions to these issues right now.
The Women in Procurement 2016 conference is bringing together a panel of experts to give all in attendance some insights into how leading organisations are addressing these issues. To find out more, download a brochure here.